OmniVista Cirrus Production Notes 2.1.0
OmniVista® Cirrus Production Notes detail new features and functions, network/device configuration prerequisites, supported devices, and known issues/workarounds in OmniVista Cirrus. Please read the Production Notes in their entirety as they contain important operational information that may impact successful use of the application.
New Features and Functions
An overview of new features and functions is provided below.
OmniVista Cirrus now supports the following devices:
OmniVista Cirrus now supports the following OS Software Versions:
- AOS 6.7.2.R05 - OS6350 and OS6450 Devices
- AWOS 22.214.171.124 - APs
UI Enhancements Across Applications
- LAN/WLAN Menu Option - There is now an option to display application drop-down menus specific to WLAN devices (e.g., SSIDs, APs). The option is available by clicking on the LAN/WLAN Menu drop-down at the top of the screen.
- Alarm Status Bar - A real-time display of unacknowledged alarms is displayed at the bottom of all screens in OmniVista Cirrus.
- Application Results Log - The "Application Results" log now displays actions taken in the SSIDs application (in addition to the Device Catalog application).
The following new services enable a Business Partner to remotely monitor and manage OmniVista Cirrus Systems.
- Multi-Tenancy Service Master Dashboard - The new Multi-Tenancy Service (MTS) feature enables a Business Partner (MTS Provider) to remotely monitor and manage multiple OmniVista Cirrus Systems (Tenant Systems).
- Multi-Tenancy Service - The Multi-Tenancy application (Administration - Multi-Tenancy Service), is used by Tenant Systems to manage MTS Providers.
The following new application has been added to OmniVista Cirrus.
- SSIDs - The new SSIDs application (WLAN - SSIDs) simplifies wireless network configuration with one-step provisioning, including SSID setup as well as authentication and policy configuration.
- AP Registration
- Access Points
- Scanning Mode - You can set APs to examine the radio frequency environment in which the Wi-Fi network is operating, identify interference, and classify its sources.
- AP Group
- BLE Beaconing - You can enable BLE Beaconing for APs. BLE Beaconing is used by the Location Service to deliver location services like way-finding, geo-location, geo-notification, and geo-fencing.
- Location Service - This new AP Registration option is used to configure WiFi Location Based Service (LBS) Profiles. .
- A new User Activity Report is available in the Audit application. The log contains user login/logout information as well as user Device Catalog actions (e.g., adding devices, licensing devices).
- Authentication Servers
- On Premise LDAP/AD Server - You now have the option to configure an on-premise LDAP/AD Server if you want to use a private LDAP/AD Server instead of one in cloud for AP authentication.
- Resource Manager Backup Failure Trap - A new trap has been added to the Notifications application (alaOperationTrap) for Resource Manager Backup Failure.
- Network ID - The Network ID feature provides additional security during the on-boarding process.
- Force Pre-Prov Config - A new Force Pre-Prov Config button has been added to the top of the Device List on the Pre-Provisioning Screen to push the Pre-Provisioning configuration to a device the next time the device "Calls Home".
- Network Settings - A new Network Settings area has been added to the SNMP Default Template. The fields can be used to configure the Management VLAN used by devices.
- Modify Factory Default - You can now modify factory-default admin password for AOS switches in the Pre-Provisioning Template.
- License Management
- AP Device Licenses have been increased from 25 Guest Device Licenses/25 BYOD Device licenses per AP, to 50 Guest Device Licenses/50 BYOD Device licenses per AP.
- Geo Map View - The Topology application now provides a Geo Map view to display devices in their physical location on a geographical map.
- Custom Notes - You can now add custom sticky notes to any Topology map. The notes can be placed anywhere on a map, and can be edited or deleted.
- RF Scan View - The RF Management RF Scan View application is used to view Scanning Mode data for APs.
- Client Summary Report - The Client Summary Report now displays download and upload